Calculating a subscriber's location coordinates:
Providing subscriber coordinates to service provider and roaming partner applications:
- approximated, to an accuracy of the base station coordinates, taking its directivity pattern and coverage zones into account;
- improved, based on network radio metering data obtained from a SIM Toolkit applet from the mobile terminal.
- caching requested data and storing them for the current period (Subscriber coordinate cache);
- supporting a list of subscribers who are prohibited from determining coordinates (MSISDN Blacklist);
- limiting privileges and service throughput for each service provider;
- servicing requests from partner operators to determine the coordinates of a roamer (an outside subscriber within the local network service zone), to an accuracy of the coordinates of the master database;
- detailed record-keeping, collection of statistics, and reporting for each application.
Data exchange with roaming partner LBS platforms to obtain the coordinates of subscribers in roaming mode.
Administrating platform operation via a Web interface:
- a base station database, updated per a specified schedule;
- a database of providers (external applications) and their privileges;
- a database of roaming partners.
Providing data for corporate user CRM systems (m.LBSCA):
- modifying parameters without rebooting the platform;
- monitoring platform module performance;
- maintaining service provider accounting records;
- maintaining lists of subscribers who are prohibited from determining coordinates (MSISDN Blacklist);
Monitoring platform functionality using the m.MAP process application:
- administration via a Web interface;
- a uniform, secure interface for connecting to client systems.
Security and access control:
- display of base stations, their characteristics, and coverage zones on geographic maps (built-in or provided by Google Maps);
- determining the location and tracking the mobile terminal;
- built-in interface performance tests;
Monitoring platform status (m.Check):
- maintaining access logs for each interface;
- maintaining an access list that manages content provider access privileges over settable parameters (MSISDN, IP provider);
- using the HTTPS secure protocol for all external connections.
Collecting, storing, and processing statistics:
- monitoring platform module performance on the software level;
- tracking the amount of through traffic on all network interface platforms;
- remote monitoring of platform component status via a WEB/WAP interface;
- remote restarting of platform components;
- an SNMP/SNMP-trap interface for notification of external SNMP managers.
- logs maintained by each platform module, configurable levels of detail and a list of recorded events for each log;
- a centralized storage and processing system can be used for platform component statistics (m.Stat).